Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Solutions

Today, I was supposed to clean the house, make some cake balls, make Rice Krispie treats, and get everything ready for my brother's arrival tomorrow.

Instead, I talked to Bobbie until 1pm. Then, I started working on the cake balls (I had most of them rolled already, just not dipped). Halfway through dipping them, I had a panic attack. This is the second one I've had in a week. They leave me quite fatigued, so I could do nothing else for a few hours. I called the doctor. I have an appointment on Friday at 1:15. I have only had one panic attack before these two in the last nine months, and that was during the crisis with my parents in late December. I know these are brought on by my lack of a relationship with my sister, but I think it is time to get a professional involved. I think I have helped myself alone as much as I can.

So, I managed to drizzle the cake balls I dipped...some of them are pretty, but most are sort of blah-looking. Walter says that his co-workers will not care, so he is taking them to the office tomorrow. Perhaps I will dip the other half this weekend and send them to work with him next week, if it all goes well. As for cleaning and Rice Krispie treats, well...I will get up when Walter leaves for work tomorrow (no excuses) and take care of all of these things then, before my brother and his girlfriend arrive.

I am frustrated with myself for not getting things done, and for allowing the cake balls to turn out so sloppily, but that is okay. They do taste good, and there is not much to be done about it. I will get my chores done before my guests arrive tomorrow, and hopefully everything will be running smoothly again soon.
I

2 comments:

Mrs Salas said...

I have never heard of cke balls, how do you make them......because they sound so yummy!!!!!

Joanna Eberhart said...

Marisa, you can find the recipe and instructions for cake balls in my food blog: http://eberhartkitchen.blogspot.com
Enjoy! :)