Thursday, February 12, 2009

Shopping and Valentines

I am going grocery shopping today, since Walter and I have not had time to do it on the weekends. I also have a few final details to smooth out for my part of Valentine's Day. There will be a blog update about it when it is all done (both blogs).

Yesterday I woke up and was quite pleased to find it was laundry day. I also got my kitchen in order, although the floor is still in quite a disarray. The dishes need to be done as well, but they can wait until I return home from shopping. I am excited to go out today, for some reason. Perhaps it is because I know that Valentine's Day, my favorite holiday (tied with Halloween), is in two days!

Walter and I went on our first date on Valentine's Day, 2004. We drove around town and laughed and talked, and then we ate dinner at Sonic. Not particularly romantic, maybe, but it was the start of something wonderful. So, in addition to being the day of love, this Valentine's Day is the 5-year anniversary of our first date, as well. I feel that with an anniversary such as that, I cannot be one of the people who hates the holiday. Besides, a little romance every now and then doesn't hurt. :)

No comments: