Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Goodness.

Goodness, I am sorry I haven't updated. I have been absolutely, horridly sick since Thursday. On Wednesday I went to visit my parents for a while. They are currently renovating their home and wanted some help/opinions. They have put brick paneling in one corner of the entry room, and it looks absolutely fabulous. I woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat, and by 12:30, the headache, dizzyness, and fatigue hit me as well, and has been here since then. I have allergies to most medications, but we tried a couple that I thought were safe--no dice, and I had to induce vomiting so as not to have a possibly lethal allergic reaction. I am merely taking ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and pain of my throat. It works better than nothing.

The house, I fear, is in complete disarray. Walter did the dishes for me, bless him, but the pet cage needs cleaned, and the floors vacuumed, and the laundry folded. And I have still not decided which recipe to use for the cake I am baking next weekend, or the recipe for the frosting. I have also not drawn out my plan for what I am going to do, although it is in my head perfectly. I am horribly behind. I also have to do the bulk of the decorating at my mother's house, which is frustrating because her kitchen is not nearly big enough for me. But I am making the hour and a half trip on my own, and I do not think the cake would make it there unharmed were it completely decorated. If Walter were going, I could hold the cake and make sure it did not tip and destroy itself, but I cannot make such promises alone. So, I have to do the baking on Friday, drive to my mother's on Saturday to decorate, and then ride with my mother to my sister's house with the decorated cake on Sunday. So, hopefully I am feeling better by then. But if I am not, well, I have more issues, as I would be sick for over a week!

Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things soon. Ugh.

3 comments:

Mrs Salas said...

Oh I hope you feel better very soon!

Joanna Eberhart said...

:) Thank you so much for your concern!

Sumi said...

Oh I hope you feel better. :(