Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monetary Gain

I am so excited! A woman my mother works with wants me to make a cake for her daughter's birthday in June, and she is going to pay me for it! It is possible that this won't happen, as the daughter wants the cake to be in the shape of a cheetah, and I do not think I am good enough to do that quite yet. I told my mother to talk to her about it and see if a cake with cheetahs on it would be acceptable, and that I would be charging fifty dollars for it. This would be my first paid cake, and I hope it happens!

I have also added ads to my food blog. I get paid by the click (3-5 cents per click, generally), and so far I have made ten dollars. This is not much, but Walter says that if you make money at it, you are a professional. I suppose this makes me a professional food blogger. ;)

All else is going well. My sister and are doing fabulously now. Her shower is April 26. My last therapy appointment is the following day. The therapist has already said that I can quit, but I wanted to go a few more times, just to make sure things were running smoothly. Walter and I are doing well. Everything is fabulous. :)

3 comments:

B.N. said...

Everything looks amazing for you.
I hope you sell the cake, and start to make more and more to sell and get happy costumers!
God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great! Do you ever watch "Last Cake Standing?" I watch it every Sunday night.

Also, how does one place ads on a blog? I'm clueless.

xoxo

Joanna Eberhart said...

So sorry it took so long to reply. I forget about this blog sometimes. :)

Ana--Thanks for your support! It ended up that I will not be making the cake for my mother's co-worker. Apparently, the price I quoted her was too expensive, but I refuse to budge because I know it is a more than reasonable price. Alas, maybe someday...

Marzipan--I watched all four episodes of Last Cake Standing. I loved it, but I was very disappointed that Bronwyn didn't win. She is one of my favorite competitors. But Mary was my second favorite of the competition, so I was glad she won. I absolutely hated Courtney.

To place ads on a blogspot blog, just add the Google Adsense gadget. Set up an account, and you're good to go. Very simple. :)