Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was wonderful! Here is a recap of most of the day's events.

I made Walter heart-shaped blueberry pancakes for breakfast. He bought me a box of 72 Airheads (the taffy-like candies) because I can't eat chocolate. He took me to dinner at a Chinese place where we used to go a lot while dating (it is near the town we grew up and has the best lo mein). Then, he drove me to an old schoolhouse about five miles from my parents' house, and we got out of the car and danced to a song that could probably be considered "ours."

This schoolhouse is rather important to us. When Walter and I had been dating casually for about a month, we stopped there on the way home from a movie to dance in the rain. When we got there, the rain turned to snow, but it was an incredibly important moment because it was the moment we both decided we wanted to be together, in a real relationship, instead of whatever it was we were doing beforehand. So, him bringing me back there five years later was pretty special.

Then we stopped at Wal-Mart to get some Febreeze Noticible refills because the Wal-Mart at home was out when I went shopping on Thursday. Overall, it was a pretty fantastic day. I hope everyone else had a great one too!

2 comments:

Sumi said...

Glad you had a good day! Sounds really sweet.

My valentine's was nice as well. :)

Joanna Eberhart said...

Glad to hear it! :) What did you lovely girls do?